Podcast Review: Super Nutrition Academy with Yuri Elkaim and guest Fab Mancini
Fab Mancini has had many different roles in his life. He is a licensed Chiropractor, former president of Parker University, and now spends his time educating people to improve their lives. His main interest lately has been in self-healing and written a book called "The Power of Self-Healing". WARNING: This podcast episode has a large spiritual component to it. It may turn some people off quickly because it is often automatically assumed that physical pain is caused by body parts, not the mind. I used to think like that also but over time, I often see patients make improvements in their movement but their perception of pain may not change. I see how their pain changes in ways that don't make sense with a mechanical joint/soft tissue model. I see how their pain significantly increases with stress in their life or they may even invite pain back into their life because they have been living with it for so long.
Here are a few gems that was stated in the podcast:
- Health care paradigm focuses from outside - in, not inside - out.
- 80% of conditions are chronic in nature but preventable because they are influenced by lifestyle choices.
- Your illness does not define you.
- Genetics do not determine your illness. Gene expression is highly influenced from our environment (Epigenetics)
- Ways to improve your Healing: Forgiveness, Gratitude, Unconditional Love
- Emotions changes our chemistry ie. Obesity and Cortisol.
If you feel like you needed added help after hearing this podcast or reading this blog post, I suggest contacting Dr. Kevin Downing, PhD, MFT at TurningPointCounseling.org or at (800)998-6329 x789. He is located locally in Fullerton on Brea Blvd and after having a discussion with him, I have the utmost confidence that he can help if you feel that your physical pain has a component of trauma, stress, etc. You can also check out their YouTube Page for more information.